Working at Heights Refresher – August 15, 2022
August 15, 2022
Working at Heights Refresher
Who can take the Working at Heights Refresher course?
The Working at Heights Refresher course is available for those who have completed the Full Working at Heights course.
- The Ministry of Labour requires that those who want or need to take the Working at Heights Refresher have to have first taken the Ministry of Labour CPO approved Working at Heights Full course and can show proof of completion. Here at BuildSafe, we are an approved provider by the Ministry of Labour CPO to offer these courses.
Therefore, if you have not completed the Full Working at Heights course we do offer it. For more information click here Working at Heights Full.
Overview of the Course:
The Working at Heights Refresher covers the requirements for those who work on a construction site or for those who need to enter a construction site. Everyone must be trained to understand guardrails, floor covers as well as their responsibilities in height safety.
The course covers both a theoretical as well as a practical portion. Firstly, we will start with the theory which is then followed by a short test and then the practical. During the practical we do provided harness and lanyards however, if you do have your own we encourage that you bring them and we can also properly fit them to you. Also, we do have harness and lanyards available for purchase if you need. Upon successful completion of the course you will receive your Working at Heights certification.
Above all, the reason for Working at Heights Refresher training is simple; falls are the single largest contributor to construction fatalities (deaths). Therefore, better training should reduce the number of construction workers getting killed due to falls. There are 2 parts to the course described below.
2 Main Parts of the Working at Heights Refresher Course: Fall Prevention & Fall Arrest
Firstly, Fall Prevention:
- Proper use of ladders
- Proper scaffold erection
- Properly built guardrails as well as floor coverings
- Working from scissor lifts along with travel restraint procedures as well as,
- Explores different ways workers are falling and discuss the basic safety procedures to otherwise prevent them
Secondly, Fall Arrest:
- Proper use and wearing of the harness
- Proper use of using a lanyard when working at heights
For more information on training and safety you can follow us on Instagram!
A minimum of 48 hours cancellation notice is required, no refunds will be given or if not prepaid you will be invoiced for the seats. For Example: If you have a booking for a Thursday class, cancellation must be before 8am Tuesday Morning.
More Information Contact