Supervisor Basics | 2 Day Course – August 24, 2022 & August 25, 2022
August 24, 2022
Who can take the Supervisor Basics course?
The Supervisor Basics course is for those:
- Who want to become a competent supervisor
- Employers who need to ensure that their supervisor is competent in their job as well as
- Employers who want to learn what a competent supervisor should look like
Overview of the Supervisor Basics course:
What is a competent Supervisor? In Ontario, the Occupational Health and Safety Act is the main piece of safety legislation. Under section 25(2)(c) of the Occupational Health and Safety Act employers have a duty to ensure that all supervisors and workers are competent. Therefore, a competent person has the knowledge, training and experience to create a safe work environment.
During this 2 day course, supervisors will learn:
- The responsibilities they have at work
- The tools to use for proper documentation
- Soft skills for dealing with different people such as workers who report to them to the Ministry of Labour (MOL) Inspectors
- Also, each participant will receive a new Green Book. This will be a tool to use during the course as well as in the workplace.
On the first day participants will learn how to read, understand and navigate through the Green Book. The Green Book is the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulation for Construction Projects. When becoming a competent supervisor it is very important to be able to properly interpret the safety act as well as the regulations. Secondly, on day 2 participants will learn the what the role of a competent supervisor. This will include responsibilities, proper documentation together with communication development. Finally, participants will have a short test following the theory on both days. Upon successful completion of the course participants will receive their certification.
In conclusion, the education this training provides to workers and employers will provide them with a better understanding of the laws, regulations and their rights. As a result, this knowledge will provide for a safer workplace.
For more information on the Supervisor Basics training and other safety training you can follow us on Instagram!
A minimum of 48 hours cancellation notice is required. No refunds will be given. If not prepaid you will be invoiced for the seats. For Example: If you have a booking for a Thursday class, cancellation must be before 8am Tuesday Morning.
More Information Contact