Health and Safety Representative – October 17, 2022
October 17, 2022
Health and Safety Representative
Who can take the Health and Safety Representative course?
The Health and Safety Representative course is for those who:
- Are becoming a new Safety Representative within the company
- Are already a Safety Representative but would like to improve their knowledge of the role as well as
- Those who want to learn or advance their knowledge on the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the laws
Companies who employ between 6 – 19 workers are required to have a Health and Safety Representative
We also offer a Supervisor Basics course. This course is a 2 day training for supervisors.
Overview of the Health and Safety Representative Course:
The Health and Safety Representative course will educate those taking on the role within their company as it is a vital part in protecting the health and safety of everyone at the workplace. The designated representative is the person who deals with any concerns about workplace hazards and shows the workers that the employers are committed to protecting them.
The course will cover theory and a short test. Each participant will also receive their own Green Book to use during the course as well as in the workplace. This will be a very useful tool in the workplace. Upon successful completion of the course you will receive your certificate.
Above all, the reason for this training is simple; we need those representatives to help ensure all safety measures and laws are being followed by the workers and employers.
- Understanding the Occupational Health and Safety Act and laws
- Understanding the duties and responsibilities of the Health and Safety Representative under the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Understanding the rights, duties and responsibilities of both workers and employers
- Workplace inspections including the legal requirements
- Common workplace hazards
- Workplace hazard controls and understanding how to assess, evaluate together with resolve them
- Applying the RACE methodology (recognize, assess, control and evaluate) to a workplace hazard as well as
- Committee structure, effectiveness and resolving issues
In conclusion, the education this training provides to workers and employers will provide them with a better understanding of the laws, regulations and their rights. As a result, this knowledge will provide for a safer workplace.
For more information on the Health and Safety Representative training and other safety training you can follow us on Instagram!
A minimum of 48 hours cancellation notice is required, no refunds will be given or if not prepaid you will be invoiced for the seats. For Example: If you have a booking for a Thursday class, cancellation must be before 8am Tuesday Morning.
More Information Contact