0 to 8 Ton Crane – October 18, 2022
October 18, 2022
0 to 8 Ton Crane
Who can take or requires the 0 to 8 Ton Crane course?
Many job sites will require a practical, site-specific training in addition to theory training before a worker is certified to operate machinery. Therefore, this course is for anyone who operates cranes or similar hoisting equipment with a capacity of up to 8 tons or less.
Overview of the 0 to 8 Ton Crane course:
During this course we will cover a theory and practical portion. Firstly, the theory will consist of the topics listed below followed by a short test. Secondly, the practical portion of this training will be completed at the participants work site with their equipment. Finally, upon successful completion of the course each participant will receive their certification.
Also, there is specific PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) requirements for the course:
- Steel toed boots
- Gloves and
- Hard hat are a minimum
Furthermore, any additional PPE will be as per site requirements.
- Identify hazards specific to the equipment and job site
- Identify and discuss common crane components
- Perform pre-operational inspections
- Discuss stability principle and load charts
- Execute a safe lift plan
- Identify safe hoisting and operating techniques as well as
- Discuss relevant legislation
Legislation for 0 to 8 Ton Crane operations:
Listed below are the different legislations for that apply to the operations of 0 to 8 Ton cranes in Ontario.
Under the Ontario’s Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA),
- Canada Occupational Health and Safety Regulations s. 14.23(1)
For construction operations – Construction Projects Regulation (O. Reg. 213/91)
- O.Reg 213/91 Construction Projects. s. 96(1)
- Specific crane operator qualifications listed in Section 150 of the Construction Projects regulation.
For industrial operations – Section 3 of the Industrial Establishments Regulation (O. Reg. 851)
- O.Reg. 851 Industrial Establishments s. 51(2)
- CSA Z-150 Safety Code for Mobile Boom Cranes
A minimum of 48 hours cancellation notice is required. No refunds will be given. If not prepaid you will be invoiced for the seats. For Example: If you have a booking for a Thursday class, cancellation must be before 8am Tuesday Morning.
More Information Contact